Overpowered vs Overclocked

Original post, ported from my subreddit (from 2019)


 As you know, I've read my fair share of isekai/reincarnation stories with an absurdly powerful main character. Although most use brute strength to get by, there's a small portion that use their intellect and experience instead. I would like to call these characters "overclocked".


Here is a small list of examples. These are just characters from certain series, not necessarily isekai/reincarnation.


**100% Overpowered Characters**


- Saitama from One Punch Man


- Shi Feng from Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God



**100% Overclocked Characters**


- Sora and Shiro from No Game No Life


- Desir from A Returner's Magic Must Be Special



"100%" means all of their fighting power leans towards one area (strength vs intelligence). Just think of Saitama and Blank (Sora/Shiro), and you know the types of characters I am talking about. This is just something I am writing off the top of my head, so this list isn't all inclusive. There are clearly very many more characters this, I may gather some more examples later.

Comments