You have to be insanely good to be a pro in a game/sport. Pros, who make a living by actually playing the game in competitive settings, account for less than 0.01% of the player population. Most of the time, it's even less than this. For e-sports, it could be around the top 0.001%. And even within this small percentile, the differences in skill level between players can be mindblowing.
Doublelift explaining how it feels like to play against Uzi
Doublelift is a pro League of Legends player, while Uzi is in the running for the greatest of all time player, up there with Faker of course.
This isn't only the case in LoL. Every game and sport has similar skill curves. The best of the best are so far beyond most people's comprehension.
I want to tie this back into my novels where skill level is a huge theme. I feel like I will have to explain this concept many times because not only, in my opinion, is it deserving of multiple explanations, but the sheer level will always be underestimated by the average person.
Comments
Post a Comment