How I assign gender to MCs

 Usually the gender I assign to my MCs are "kind of" arbitrary. I say "kind of" because I personally have a reason for it, but it sometimes doesn't make much sense. Other times, there is a good reason for it. This is the thought process I had for assigning the gender to each of my MCs.

Monolith World - Jon and Iota are based on my own "personalities". Each of them represents a different side of myself and is slightly caricaturized. Jon represents the side of me who thinks he is incompetent and can't move forward, and Iota is the side of me who thinks he is the greatest at everything he does. Since these are both parts of "me", they are both male.

Reincarnation of the Gun Swap Goddess - The purpose of this story is to have an OP MC who rolls through everything. In my opinion, there are too many male OP MCs. An OP MC being female makes her even more "OP" than a male, so naturally this was the correct choice. For example, males are generally physically stronger than females. Therefore, if the female is overpowered, she is strong in multiple aspects. In addition to this, placing her in a mainly patriarchal society makes her shine even brighter. The world is against her, but she still powers through everything. To me, it's like crack to see OP MCs roll through everything - it's too addicting.

Aleph Null - Centuria just seemed like she'd be cuter as a female who likes math. There is no logical reason for this gender assignment.

Reincarnation of the Fish who Slays the Dragon - Jaden is a carbon copy of those crappy MCs you see in generic OP MC manga. If you know, you know. These MCs are generally male, therefore Jaden is male.

I Instantly Level Up - Jean is inspired by XQC's GTA RP character, Jean Paul. He is male and therefore Jean in IILU is male.

I Used to be the One True God in Heaven, but Now I Default Dance on the Corpses of High School Children aka True God's Default Dance (Unreleased) - If you couldn't tell from the title, this story will be a comedy. Jod is basically a clown, but everything goes his way. It just seemed natural to make him a male MC.

Comments