Yeah, yeah... This one's a tad bit late. I was considering not even making one of these for this season. But I changed my mind. Here is isekai, reincarnation, transmigration, and "honorable mention" anime of summer 2022.
- Hataraku Maou-sama 2nd season - Reverse isekai comedy. Haven't read the source but thoroughly enjoyed the first season like many others did. Excited to continue the series.
- Overlord 4 - I'm done with Overlord for the time being. Despite it being my favorite isekai, I will not be watching this season. I've spent a large amount of time reading and rereading this series (which I think should rightfully end at volume 9 by the way) and there are others I would rather read and watch. I don't need to watch it to know that the light novels are good.
- Made in Abyss 2nd season - An "honorable mention", as journeying through the abyss is akin to exploring a new world. A fantastic worldbuilding series that I haven't caught up on >.<
- Danmachi 4 - "honorable mention", why
- Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World - This is a tricky one for me. As of writing this, I've watched 2 episodes. I despise harem, but my love for isekai overrides this. Therefore, I am watching it. The funny thing is, this is actually a very solid isekai from an isekai review standpoint. At least the beginning is, anyway. However, episode 2 pissed me off to no end. I think this MC is the most irredeemable ever. Even Keyaru from Redo of Healer is a more appealing protagonist. The intro of episode 2 is the most infuriating thing I've ever seen in an anime. So not only does this guy have a harem, but he had a child out of wedlock. He visits this child with his harem in tow. He then talks to this child and gives him a sword as a gift. Wow, such a good person! This child thinks his father is dead. And he doesn't even visit the mother. What? This guy left his child and partner to have fun with other women. This is likely the single most destructive thing to society. And it's glorified. WHY.
- Isekai Ojiisan - This is a fantastic comedy about an uncle who returned from another world and is living with his nephew in an apartment. Highly recommend.
- My Isekai Life: I Gained a Second Character Class and Became the Strongest Sage in the World - After seeing Harem Labyrinth's degeneracy, I'm kind of refreshed that we have a "generic" isekai this season. There's nothing more to say.
- Isekai Yakkyoku/Parallel World Pharmacy - I expected this to be a generic one, but it caught me by surprise. I love it when isekai cleverly apply "knowledge of the previous world" to the story, and this one does it well. It seems like real research has been done behind this series - the medicine chemical compounds seem to be real. This isn't a very high bar, but many isekai cannot even stumble over it. Quite enjoyable.
- Black Summoner - The 2nd most bland V1 I've ever read, so I was very skeptical going into this. The OP visuals are pretty nice, surprisingly. And the anime actually seems to be better than the LN. This isn't the greatest compliment, though. It's still fairly generic, but it actually seems to be a slightly above average isekai. Will continue watching for sure.
Comments
Post a Comment