I stumbled upon ChatGPT today - OpenAI's latest project with Generative Pre-Trained technology. It can write code better than any other AI out there right now... and this is what I thought would be AI's final frontier. Yet it's already here.
So that got me thinking - what's left for us? AI will be able perform any functional task superior to humans in the future, so what's the point of humans?
The only thing left is for humans to compete with other humans.
The best example I can see in the current day is chess - AI is far superior to any human chess player. Yet chess still flourishes in the world. This AI is merely a tool to help us as humans develop. It is not a competitor, simply an aid.
Humans develop computers which challenge humans to push computers farther.
We will compete among ourselves in "live performance" - which human's proven performance is the best? That's all that will matter.
Comments
Post a Comment