Isekai/Transmigration/Reincarnation Tier List

Total Stories - 195

Disclaimer - These are my opinions. Feel free to disagree but please don't be rude.


Legend

- Bold = recommended media out of what I have read

- A = Anime ; M = Comic ; LN = Light novel ; WN = Web novel ; L = Live action

- [] = Language ; JP = Japanese ; CN = Chinese ; KR = Korean ; EN = English

- () = Type; I = Isekai ; TMG = Mental transmigration ; RE1/RE2/RE3 = reincarnation ; W2S = weak to strong


Dynamics

- n▲ = recent rank-up n positions

- n▼ = recent rank-down n positions

- n+ = recent n sub-tiers up

- n- = recent n sub-tiers down

- x = recently moved cross-list - to or from unranked, or to or from honorable mentions


More Info About Tags

- Isekai (I) - Taken to another world.

- Mental Transmigration (TMG) - Mind transported to new body,

- Reincarnation (RE) - Starting again from zero. Reclaiming fallen grace (1) OR memories of past life (usually from birth) (2) OR reincarnated into past self (aka regression) (3)

- Transmigration & Reincarnation (TMG/RE) - Transmigrated into a different, already existing, body (usually) in the same world.

- Far Future (FF) - MC experiences the present before being flung into the future.


Tier List

S ---

"S-Class is insane." - ONE. These have an incredible world. The story takes place in the world rather than it being a story about a world. Very detailed and crazy amount of thought put into it.

(S) ---

- Overlord [JP] (I) | Progress - WN+Anime+Movies/V13 + side stories/Manga

(S-) ---

- Youjo Senki [JP] (I/RE1,2) | Progress - Anime+Movie/V5/Manga

- Re:Zero - Starting life in another world from zero [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime/V3


A ---

A very very solid story, world, and/or great tactics and system. Must wow me in at least one aspect.

(A+) ---

- A Wild Last Boss Appeared! (NEEDS LINK UPDATE) [JP] (I) | Progress - Finished V9/Manga ch31

- Mushoku Tensei [JP] (I/RE1,2) | Progress - Anime/V4/manga ch45

(A) ---

No Game No Life [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime/V7

- (S Candidate) Log Horizon [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Sword Art Online Abridged [EN] (I) | Progress - Up to date

- Konosuba [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Release That Witch [CN] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch335

- Ascendance of a Bookworm [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - Anime only

(A-) ---

- Now and Then, Here and There [JP] (I) | Progress - Finished (ep13)

- Second Life Ranker [KR] (I/RE1) | Progress - ch239

- A Returner’s Magic Must Be Special [KR] (RE3) | Progress - WNch62/MHch112

- Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V10/WNch330, Anime

((A--)rifureta Tier) ---

- Arifureta - From commonplace to world's strongest [JP] (I) | Progress - ep2/V10


B ---

These are very good and/or have potential to be very good and are fun to read/watch. Must have at least some underlying themes or depth to the world, characters, etc. or do something unique and do it well

(B+) ---

- Supreme Magus [EN] (I) | Progress - ch201

- How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom [JP] (I) | Progress - V1/Anime

- Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime/manga ch64/WN ch220+

- The Executioner and Her Way of Life [JP] (I) | Progress - V1/Anime

- A Star Reborn: The Queen's Return [CN] (TMG/RE1,2) | Progress - WT/WNch200ish

- Dungeon Defense [KR] (I/TMG) | Progress - V3

- The Second Coming of Gluttony [KR] (I/RE3) | Progress - ch60

(B) ---

- Summoning the Holy Sword [CN] (I) | Progress - ch178

- The Tutorial is Too Hard [KR] (I) | Progress - ch230+

- Hell Mode [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V4

- Her Summon [KR] (I) | Progress - ch60

- Isekai Yakkyoku [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - Anime only

- I, the Female Robot [CN] (TMG/RE1,2) | Progress - Mch42

- Erased [JP] (RE3) | Progress - Finished (ep12)

Reincarnated as a Dragon Hatchling (Dragon's Egg) [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V4/WNch50

- Drifters {A} [JP] (I) | Progress - Season 1

- The Magician who Rose from Failure [JP] (I/TMG/RE1) | Progress - V4

- This Hero is Invincible But Too Cautious [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- My Next Life as a Villainess - All routes lead to doom [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - V3

(B-) ---

- The Legendary Mechanic [CN] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch444

- Beware the Villainess! [KR] (I/TMG) | Progress - Finished (ch99)

- She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man [JP] (I) | Progress - V3

- Her Majesty's Swarm [JP] (I) | Progress - V3

- Deathbound Duke’s Daughter (Erica Aurelia, the Villainous Lady) [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - V1/WNch4

- Failure Frame [JP] (I) | Progress - V5

- The Novel's Extra [KR] (I/TMG) | Progress - Finished (ch378)

- Murim Login [KR] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch50

- Dr. Stone [JP] (FF) | Progress - End of war , forgot which chapter. Didn't watch anime.

- SSS-Class Suicide Hunter [KR] (RE3) | Progress - ch61

- Dungeon Reset [KR] (I) | Progress - ch96

- Saihate no Paladin [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - Anime only

- The Hero Laughs While Walking the Path of Vengeance a Second Time [JP] (I/RE3) | Progress - V3

- The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy [JP] (RE2/FF) | Progress - V1

- Apocalypse Bringer Mynoghra [JP] (I) | Progress - V1

- The Death Mage who Doesn't Want a Fourth Time [JP] (I/RE1,2) | Progress - manga ch11/WN V2


C ---

This tier encapsulates a large variety of quality.

(C++) --- Slightly superior to C+. I really enjoyed these stories, but didn't feel like they had enough substance to belong in B tier.

- Sword Art Online: Alicization [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

-  It's Sudden, but I came to Another World! But I hope to live Safely {M} [JP] (I) | Progress - ch18

- God of Crime [KR] (RE3) | Progress - Finished (ch164)

- The Eminence in Shadow [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V4

(C+) --- Slightly inferior to B but is still fun to read/watch. Usually have a unique aspect to the story.

- Return of the Blossoming Blade [KR] (TMG/RE/FF) | Progress - ch21

- Meikyuu Black Company [JP] (I/RE1) | Progress - Anime only

- Sword Art Online Progressive [JP] (I) | Progress - V1/Movies

- Death is the Only Ending for the Villainess (Villains are Destined to Die) {WN/M} [KR] (I/TMG) | Progress - manhwa ch73

- The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass [KR] (RE3) | Progress - manhwa ch74

- Top-Notch Master Masquerading as Cannon Fodder Female Companion [CN] (RE3, kind of) | Progress - ch381

- I'm a Martial Arts Villainess, but I'm Actually the Strongest! [KR] (I/TMG) | Progress - S1

- A Dragon's Proposal [KR] (TMG/RE) | Progress - ch24

- Tensei Shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - ch40

- I'm the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - V1

- Return to Player [KR] (RE3) | Progress - ch50

- Isekai De Cheat Skill Wo Te Ni Shita Ore Wa, Genjitsu Sekai Wo Mo Musou Suru ~level Up Wa Jinsei Wo Kaeta~ {M} [JP] (I) | Progress - ch8

- The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind! [JP] (I) | Progress - V3

- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - Anime/V4/manga ch46/full WN

- The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Reincarnated as the Last of My Kind {LN} [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V2

- The Last Human [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch267

The World's Finest Assassin gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V1/Anime

- Villainess Reloaded [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - V2

- Reborn to Master the Blade [JP] (RE2/FF) | Progress - V2

- Full Clearing Another World Under a Goddess with Zero Believers [JP] (I) | Progress - V2

- College Student Empress {M} [KR] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch16

- Yankee Wa Isekai De Seirei Ni Aisaremasu {M} [JP] (I) | Progress - ch30

- The Reason Why Raelianna Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion [KR] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch95

- Magical★explorer - It Seems I Have Become A Friend Of The Protagonist In An Eroge World, But Because Magic Is Fun I Have Abandoned The Role And Train Myself {M} [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch3.1

(C) --- Hit or miss on how fun they are to read/watch. Proceed with caution from here on down. Will these stories intrigue you, or will they be trash in your eyes? It's up to you to decide.

- Emperor of Solo Play [KR] (RE3) | Progress - Finished (ch191)

- Isekai Nonbiri Nouka [JP] (I) | Progress - ch150

- Isekai Tensei: Recruited to Another World [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V1

- Maseki Gurume [JP] (I) | Progress - ch31

- A Tale of the Great Saint/Tensei shita something {M} [JP] (RE2/FF) | Progress - ch15

- Outbreak Company [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- I Reincarnated For Nothing [KR] (TMG/RE3) | Progress - ch73

- Disciple of the Lich [JP] (I) | Progress - V1

- Isekai Meikyuu no Saishinbu o Mezasou {M} [JP] (I) | Progress - ch12

- The S-Classes That I Raised [KR] (RE3) | Progress - ch20

- Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - Anime/V1/WNch306

- Am I Actually the Strongest? [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - ch33

- The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Knight's and Magic [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - Anime only

- Seirei Gensouki [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - Mch35/Anime

- The Great Mage Returns After 4000 Years [KR] (TMG/RE/FF) | Progress - ch90

- Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World For My Retirement [JP] (I) | Progress - V2

- Journey of a Betrayed Hero [EN] (I) | Progress - V1

- Tales of Demons and Gods [CN] (RE3) | Progress - WNch159/Mch319.5

- Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed the World [CN] (RE3) | Progress - Finished (ch995)

- Combatants will be Dispatched! [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Hataage! Kemono Michi [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- GATE [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- The Small Sage Will Try Her Best in the Different World from Lv1 [JP] (I) | Progress - ch27

- Player returns after 10,000 years [KR] (RE3) | Progress - ch112

- My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch50ish

Black Summoner {LN} [JP] (I) | Progress - V1/Anime

- Re:Monster [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - Manga ch53

- The Maou Army's Strongest Magician Was a Human [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - ch10

- In the Land of Leadale [JP] (I) | Progress - V1/Anime

- The Reincarnated Inferior Magic Swordsman [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch21

(C-) --- Guilty pleasure territory from here on down. This sub-tier in particular isn't that bad, though.

- Zero no Tsukaima [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- The Rising of the Shield Hero [JP] (I) | Progress - V1/Anime until half of S2

- One Man Army [KR] (RE3) | Progress - ch109

- My Instant Death Ability is So Overpowered [JP] (I) | Progress - V2

- Oversummoned, Overpowered, and Over It! [JP] (I) | Progress - V1

- Lazy Dungeon Master [JP] (I) | Progress - V1

- Shinka no Mi [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Moto Saikyou no Kenshi wa, Isekai Mahou ni Akogareru [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - ch23

- Lonely Attack on a Different World [JP] (I) | Progress - ch36

- Mato Seihei no Slave [JP] (I) | Progress - ch28

- I Shall Survive Using Potions! [JP] (I) | Progress - V2

- Skeleton Knight in Another World [JP] (I) | Progress - V1

- Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society [KR] (I) | Progress - ch18

- Reborn Little Girl Won't Give Up [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - ch85

Problem Children are Coming From Another World [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- Complete Martial Arts Attributes [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch111

- Versatile Mage [CN] (I) | Progress - WNch95/Animation

- How Not to Summon a Demon Lord [JP] (I) | Progress - S1

- The Misfit of Demon King Academy: History's Strongest Demon King Reincarnates and Goes to School with His Descendants [JP] (RE2/FF) | Progress - manga ch13/WN ch83/ep2

- Redo of Healer [JP] (RE3) | Progress - Manga ch21/WN V7

- My Isekai Life: I Gained a Second Character Class and Became the Strongest Sage in the World! | Progress - Anime/manga ch40

- Reborn as a Space Mercenary [JP] (I) | Progress - V1


D ---

These are either generic, have a quirk that only holds out for a single volume, or are extremely formulaic.

(D++) ---

- Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch3199

(D+) ---

- Strongest Anti Meta [CN] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch242

- The Strongest Sage of Disqualified Crest [JP] (TMG/RE/FF) | Progress - Anime/ch46

- Sword Art Online [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- I Am My Wife [CN] (TMG/RE) | Progress - ch63

- Kenja no Mago [JP] (RE2) | Progress - Manga ch43/Anime

- Hachi-nan tte, sore wa nai desho! [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - Anime only

- Lv2 kara Cheat datta Moto Yuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life [JP] (I) | Progress - ch19

- The National Goddess Reborn [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch214

- Reincarnation of the Businesswoman at School [CN] (TMG/RE) | Progress - ch453

- Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator [CN] (RE3) | Progress - WNch1207

- My status as an assassin obviously exceeds the hero's [JP] (I)

(D) ---

- Rebirth of an 8 circled mage [KR] (TMG/RE) | Progress - ch28

- Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V1

- My 990 Thousand Past Lives Help Me [KR] (RE?) | Progress - ch50

- World Teacher [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - ch10

- I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V2

- The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody {A} [JP] (FF) | Progress - Anime only

- I want to play happily because I got the Heavenly Castle [JP] (I) | Progress - ch25

- Sozai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki [JP] (RE2) | Progress - ch10

- Level 1 Strongest Sage [JP] (I/TMG) | Progress - ch20

- Genkai Level 1 Kara No Nariagari: Saijaku Level No Ore Ga Isekai Saikyou Ni Naru Made [JP] (I) | Progress - ch10

- Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life? [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V5/Anime

- Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear [JP] (I) | Progress - V1/Anime

- Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime only

- A Boy Who Has Been Reincarnated Twice Spends Peacefully As An S-rank Adventurer, ~ I Who Was A Sage And A Hero Of Previous World, Will Live In Peacefullness In The Next World~ [JP] (RE2) | Progress - ch14

- Chou Onna Kirai na Ore ga Isekai no Joshikou ni Ryuugaku Suru Koto ni Natta [JP] (I) | Progress - ch6

- He is a Matchless Warrior in different-Dimension World [JP] (I) | Progress - ch34

- I was sold at the lowest Price [JP] (I) | Progress - ch32

- The GM Logged Into Another World [JP] (I) | Progress - V1

- Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - Anime only

- Argate Online [JP] (I) | Progress - ch18

- Reborn at Boot Camp: General, Don't Mess Around! [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch55

- The World Online [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch10

- The Second Life Cheat Reincarnation Mage ~if The Strongest Reincarnated After 1000 Years, Life Would Be Too Easy~ [JP] (RE3) | Progress - ch2

- Rebirth: City Deity [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch45

- After Being Transferred to Another World I Became a Magical Swordsman Through Cheats [JP] (I) | Progress - ch7

(D-) ---

- Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo [JP] (I) | Progress - S1

- World’s Strongest Rearguard: Labyrinth Country’s Novice Seeker [JP] (I) | Progress - V1

- The Rebirth of the Demon God [CN] (TMG/RE1,2) | Progress - ch49

- I've Become Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can't Seem to Get out of Being Jobless [JP] (I) | Progress - ch10

- Murabito desu ga, nani ka? [JP] (I/RE3) | Progress - ch5

- Maou-sama Retry! [JP] (I) | Progress - ep8

F ---

These are incredibly generic and don't try to add a flair to the story or world and/or the story quality is poor. Some make me laugh at how bad they are.

(F+) ---

- 29-sai Dokushin wa Isekai de Jiyuu ni Ikita......katta [JP] (I) | Progress - ch5

- Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? [JP] (I) | Progress - ep6

- Woof Woof Story: I Told You to Turn Me Into a Pampered Pooch, Not Fenrir! [JP] (I/RE2) | Progress - V1

(F) ---

- Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody [JP] (I) | Progress - Anime/WNch16-40

- High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World! [JP] (I) | Progress - ep7

- Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore [JP] (I) | Progress - ep2

- Forspoken [EN] (Game) | Progress - Watched playthroughs on YT

(F-) ---

- Rebirth of the Urban Mad Immortal [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch10

- Isekai wa Smartphone Totomo ni. [JP] (I) | Progress - ep3

- Pretty much every isekai/tmg/re novel on Webnovel.com

L ---

Legendary tier. These make me question why they were even released.

(L+) ---

- The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar [JP] (I) | Progress - ep1

- Isekai Cheat Magician {M/A} [JP] (I) | Progress - ep3

(L) ---

- Conception [JP] (I) | Progress - ep1

- Rebirth of an Abandoned Young Master [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch10

- Mythical Tyrant [CN] (RE3) | Progress - ch1

(L-) ---

- Garzey's Wing [JP] (I) | Progress - Finished (it was pretty short...)

Comments